VAT: The Latest Changes and Opportunities (Gloucester)
with Neil Owen
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Friday 15th July 2022
VAT is a tax where it is all too easy to get things wrong. Working as it does according to its own rules – quite different to those applying to other taxes – it is an area where an experienced navigator can be especially helpful in demonstrating how to negotiate the minefield.
With this in mind, Neil’s aim in this session is to guide delegates through a series of topics of current interest where a correct understanding of the position can make the difference between avoiding the pitfalls and falling into them, or where opportunities exist for the well-informed.
The course will cover:
- Any significant legal developments
- Updates on VAT registration and MTD
- The replacement for the default surcharge
- Any residual post-Brexit problems and difficulties
- Selected land and property issues
- Some aspects of partial exemption
- The DIY housebuilders’ scheme
- Other topical matters of interest