Tax Planning for Small Businesses (Webcast)
with Martyn Ingles
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Monday 9th November 2020
To enable delegates to provide clear advice to small business clients from the start up phase to passing on the business to other family members, sale or incorporation. The course will also cover employment status, in particular, the review of workers in the “Gig” economy and the “off-payroll” working rules.
- Am I self-employed? Status considerations, particularly in the “Gig” economy
- IR35 and the “off-payroll” working rules
- Tax issues to consider on commencement of trading, VAT registration, choice of accounting date, capital allowances
- Employing the spouse or bringing them into partnership
- Partnership tax considerations
- At what point does a limited company become beneficial?
- Tax consequences of incorporation
- Passing on the business – inheritance tax and CGT issues