Practical Audit Workshop (Bath)
Thursday 9:30 am - Friday 4:15 pm
Thursday 27th June 2019 - Friday 28th June 2019
This course builds on the topics covered in Introduction to Audit and aims to ensure that attendees can complete whole sections of an audit file with confidence and address, and deal with key audit problems as they arise.
The course covers the following topics:
- The need to obtain evidence that is sufficient and appropriate without being inefficient;
- Auditing the key Balance Sheet sections, including debtors and creditors;
- Undertaking analytical procedures effectively;
- Interpreting the results of audit tests and identifying the consequences of errors identified;
- The auditor’s duties regarding fraud and error and laws and regulations;
- An overview of the legislation and terminology specific to different audit sectors (companies, charities, academies);
- How risk and audit approach may change depending on the type of client audited
- The importance of completing work to a high level – what happens if things go wrong.
Who should take this course?
Our practical training courses are designed to support junior staff to help develop their skills