With people living to a much greater age, various governments, to try to encourage people to save for the future, changed the pensions’ regime dramatically in 2006 and have played around with it incessantly thereafter. So the system remains horrendously complex but the rules present many opportunities. The course will look at the world of pensions to see how they impact upon clients especially in the area of retirement and estate planning. It is not a financial services course and will not be dealing with products from a financial services aspect but will be looking at how the latest available products can assist the tax planner!
- Contributions – quantum and pitfalls – Lifetime limits, Annual Allowances, Employer contributions – a quick reminder
- Operation of the scheme including what happens on retirement
- Benefits including taxation problems
- Planning advice – not just registered pension schemes
- What else can you save into that could be tax efficient? What about cash rich companies…. How is ER and BPR developing alongside pensions
- Why spend your pension when you could spend your ISAs?
- Third party contributions
- Capital Tax planning in the light of the changes – is it more counter intuitive than you think?
In view of the huge amount of material covered in the above points, the course will not be dealing with offshore pensions such as QROPs nor will it deal with Auto Enrolment. The outline was drafted before Brexit which may lead to changes but it is unlikely that all the new freedoms will be withdrawn.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no recording of this webcast.