Payroll Benefits: A 2018 Survival Guide (Gloucester)
with Rebecca Benneyworth MBE BSc FCA
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday 13th February 2018
Changes move ahead apace in payroll and benefits. There were numerous changes to the taxation of benefits in the 2017 Finance Acts, and no less can be expected from the 2018 Act. Meanwhile, we now have ‘dynamic coding’ through RTI and other developments in payroll administration. This session will bring you up to date on all of the changes and highlight areas where care is needed to ensure clients are appropriately advised.
The course will cover:
- Basic changes – PAYE and NIC thresholds; changes affecting the basic operation of PAYE and NIC; Scottish tax changes overview
- Changes to taxation of benefits in kind in the last 12 months; future changes that have been announced.
- Apprenticeship levy: getting it right; when do my clients have to pay?
- Director rates of pay – what are the issues this year?
- Living wage and minimum wage update
- Auto enrolment issues coming up; new employers
- Off-payroll working in the public sector – Help!