Anti Money Laundering and Practice Regulation Update (Bristol)
with Peter Herbert BSc FCA
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday 4th December 2018
Accountants working in professional practice face a seemingly endless stream of regulatory changes which affect practice management. Non-compliance can result in a bad outcome at the time of an inspection visit from a professional body.
This is particularly important in 2017 and 2018 as a result of the introduction of new money laundering regulations and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This practical half day seminar will cover all recent important regulatory changes and highlight what firms need to do to comply. Content will include:
- The impact of the 2017 Anti-Money Laundering Regulations in practice
- IT, GDPR and the avoidance of cybercrime
- Top tips for handling client monies and Designated Professional Body registration
- CPD and appraisal processes
- Quality control – minimum requirements for accounting and taxation
- Regulator feedback on Practice and Quality Assurance compliance
About Peter Herbert BSc FCA
When not training, Peter spends much of his time carrying out audit file reviews and practice assurance reviews for firms of accountants and advising them on issues of financial reporting and audit methodology. This allows him to bring a practical insight to the courses and lectures that he delivers.