Acting for Academy Schools: A Current Guide (Bristol)
with Peter Herbert
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday 17th September 2019
The regulatory burden facing academy school auditors is enormous. A good working knowledge of the Accounting Direction, the Charities SORP and the Academies Financial Handbook is crucial – and with these sources of rules apparently in a constant state of flux, this is no mean feat!
This seminar will appraise you of all that is new in the area of academies accounting and audit and what you need to do to ensure that you and your clients comply.
Content will include:
- The 2019 Academies Accounting Direction – key changes and their impact;
- Subjective areas of accounting for Academies – and how to get them right;
- 2019 Updates on the Academies Financial Handbook;
- ESFA feedback for Academies and their auditors – examples of good and poor practice;
- Academy accounts ‘hot topics’, including accounting for properties and pension liabilities; and
- Accounting, regularity and audit issues in multi-academy trusts.
About Peter Herbert
When not training, Peter spends much of his time carrying out audit file reviews and practice assurance reviews for firms of accountants and advising them on issues of financial reporting and audit methodology. This allows him to bring a practical insight to the courses and lectures that he delivers.