Accounting Problems for Small and Micro Companies (Swindon)
with John Selwood FCA
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Monday 23rd April 2018
UK GAAP for small and micro companies is going through the change of a generation. This course will look at problem areas and give practical guidance on how to address the tricky bits.
The areas covered will be those areas that practitioners are currently struggling with. This will be based on feedback from cold file reviews and frequently asked technical questions.
This is a topical course and the content will reflect that. The course may cover issues such as:
- Abridged accounts and the true and fair view
- Encouraged disclosures, such as dividend and the need for additional primary statements
- Reasons why accounts get rejected by Companies House
- Problems with related party disclosures
- Accounting for directors and shareholders loans
- Selection and disclosure of accounting policies
- Other common disclosure errors in company accounts
- Applying small company exemptions including audit exemption
- Applying micro entity accounting rules