This course will keep accountants up to date with the very latest developments in accounting, auditing and related company law. The issues covered will relate to all sizes of company with a particular focus towards smaller, owner managed and entrepreneurial business. The first half of the course will cover accounting. Auditing is in the second half.
Using practical examples and real world case studies the course will cover:
- The latest changes to accounting standards, namely FRS 102 and FRS 105
- Feedback on the application of the triennial review
- Hot topics in FRS 102 for small companies
- Updated SORPs
- Relevant changes to company law
- Companies House filing issues
- Feedback from the ICAEW and ACCA monitoring units
- Ethical and independence issues for accountants and auditors
- Changes to auditing standards, principally ISA 540 Accounting Estimates and ISA 570 Going concern
- Changes to the regulation of audit in the UK
- The latest audit guidance from the FRC and ICAEW
- Practical solutions to common issues
This is a topical course and the precise content will reflect that.