20 Top Tips for an Efficient and Effective Audit (Bristol)
with Peter Herbert BSc FCA
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday 27th February 2018
Compliance with the Clarity ISAs is challenging for audit firms – especially those who carry out relatively few audits and who audit relatively small organisations. In addition, a regular stream of feedback is issued by training organisations and professional bodies about where audit work and documentation falls down. Put together, this all makes good job recoveries difficult to achieve.
This dynamic half day seminar will provide very practical tips about exactly what steps audit firms can take to maximise efficiency of effort when conducting ISA audits, whilst still ensuring that they have complied with the ISAs and that their audit paperwork is up to scratch. It will remind participants of the crucial principles of ISA audits and how to applying them in practice.
Content will include:
- Making the risk-based approach work on ISA audits
- Managing clients and staff to achieve efficient outcomes
- How to avoid over-documentation of audit procedures
- Practical insights on materiality
- Sampling – not too few; not too many
- Streamlining audit review procedures within your firm
- Cutting the clutter on files – how far you can really go
- Using directional testing to make your audits truly efficient
- Making ES-PASE work for your firm
About Peter Herbert BSc FCA
When not training, Peter spends much of his time carrying out audit file reviews and practice assurance reviews for firms of accountants and advising them on issues of financial reporting and audit methodology. This allows him to bring a practical insight to the courses and lectures that he delivers.